[caption id="attachment_1510" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Annika Vrklan: 7-year-old Skateboarding Star"][/caption] Celebrity endorsements are a proven method for successfully promoting a product line, which is why large corporations spend millions of dollars paying star athletes and famous actors to market their products. Are these dollars well spent? Research reveals that two of the biggest advantages of celebrity endorsements include:
- Some consumers perceive it as a status symbol to own a celebrity-endorsed product.
- Consumers are more likely to remember a product long after the advertisement if it was celebrity endorsed.
- 22% of all ads shown in 2011 featured celebrity endorsements.
- 23% of ads featured licensed pop music.
- Star-powered brands included Ford, Chevy, Dodge, HP, Cover Girl, Olay, Target, Nintendo and Apple.
- Star-studded ads featured the likes of Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Hudson, Alicia Keys, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Lopez, Nelly, Eminem, and Queen Latifah, as well as icons like Marilyn Monroe, Michael Jackson and Thomas Edison.
- Gwen Stefani
- Julia Roberts
- Matthew McConnaughey
- Angelina Jolie
- Nicole Kidman
- Selma Hayak
Share this post