Business owners have a responsibility to their customers. Pusateri’s, the gourmet food grocery store in North Toronto, is learning that lesson the hard way. One week ago, the City of Toronto health inspectors closed Pusateri’s because of an infestation of rats and cockroaches and Pusateri’s customers are understandably furious. After all, customers who pay a premium for their groceries don’t expect to find little “nuggets” along with the prepared food they were planning on serving for dinner. People have been voicing their concerns on twitter and facebook. Here’s a sampling of the comments:
- New name for #pusateri's = Pusarats
- There’s a reason that the peaches at #Pusateri's are $6 each. You get a pet with it #gross #roaches #rats” lol!
- #Pusateri's is where you'll find all your exotic foods. Mmmm, roaches and rats!
- Those rats and roaches have some mighty fine taste #pusateri's
- The good news: the peppercorn steaks are AAA beef. The bad news: those aren't peppercorns. #Pusateri's
- Give them another chance and continue to shop there?
- Refuse to shop there ever again?
- Wait and see if the problem reoccurred and then decide whether to shop there again?
Share this post