In the spirit of the season, I am trying to be charitable and forgiving but this incident with Canada Post left me feeling “Bah Humbug”! Here’s what happened:
- 2 Tail Wags customer orders destined for the United States were returned to me today. No reasons were provided for the returns. In fact, Canada Post never even attempted delivery of these shipments. They simply sent them back to me.
- Of course, I contacted the Canada Post Customer Complaint phone # (888-550-6333).
- After explaining the issue to the supervisor, I told her I expected Canada Post (at their expense) to provide Express Post shipping (2 day delivery guarantee).
- The supervisor finally agreed to provide the Express service.
- Here’s where things went wrong: Canada Post only offered to compensate me for the Express service MINUS the $7.46 cost per package for the Small Package service.
- I reminded Canada Post I’d already paid $7.46 per package. Obviously I wasn’t prepared to pay TWICE for this service.
- The supervisor accused me of not being able to do the math and told me I was being unreasonable expecting free delivery.
- 10 minutes later and I still hadn’t convinced Canada Post I had already paid for the delivery service. The conversation bordered on the ridiculous. How do you explain to someone in a senior position within Canada Post that, in fact, she was the one who was having difficulty with the math?
- Unfortunately I was unable to convince her that she was in the wrong and finally agreed to accept a reimbursement cheque for the difference between the cost of the Express service and the small package delivery service.
- The Canada Post employee made it clear it was her final offer. She even threatened to hang up the phone on me.
Share this post
- 18 comments
- Tags: Business, Canada Post, Customer Service, Entrepreneur, General, Monopolies, Small Businesses