Before we say goodbye to 2011, I wanted to share some totally useless, random but nonetheless funny facts with you:
- One in three dog owners say they have talked to their pets on the phone. I don’t have any trouble believing this because my family regularly asks to say “hi” to the dogs.
- In 1984, a Canadian farmer began renting ad space on his cows. These ads were probably extremely effective. Wouldn’t you notice an ad printed on a cow if it walked by your house?
- Worms reportedly taste like bacon. Delicious as bacon is, I’m not willing to try worms.
- The inventor of Vaseline ate a spoonful of the stuff every morning! He must have been on to something good because he lived to be 96 years old. Perhaps Canada’s Food Guide should list Vaseline as a food group.
- The chances of dying on the way to get your lottery tickets are greater than your chances of winning. No wonder my husband has never won the lottery despite buying a ticket every week for as long as I can remember.
- McDonald's is the world's largest distributor of toys! Perhaps they should quit the food industry and start producing toys full time?
- President George W. Bush was once a cheerleader! He should have stuck to cheerleading. The US economy would probably be in better shape today if he had.
- There is a town in Pennsylvania named Intercourse. I wonder if this town has a higher birth rate than the rest of the country?
- The U.S. Government spent $277,000 on pickle research in 1993. I’m speechless!
Share this post