How many times have I heard the argument "But I've skied my whole life without one so why should I start now?". Of course, I'm referring to helmet use. Why is it so difficult to get some adults to play it safe and start wearing a safety helmet? Here's my response every time:
- When we were young, the ski resorts didn't have high speed 6 pack chair lifts so now there are more skiers on the hill at the same time.
- Technical skis allow us to ski faster. We're carving the hills rather than traversing it slowly.
- Snowboarders have been introduced to the mix.
- Skiing and snowboarding has become a more mainstream sport so there are people on the slopes who are just learning the sport.
Share this post
- 2 comments
- Tags: Brain Injuries, Fitness, General, Health, Helmets, Mothers Against Naked Riding Campaign, Safety, Skiing, Snowboarding, Sports, Stop Naked Riding