Are you and your family staying at home this March Break? I don’t know about you but I used to feel sorry for myself when my kids were younger and we seemed like one of the only families who weren’t flying off to somewhere sunny and warm. So I thought I’d try to write a blog post to cheer you up. Here are the advantages of staying home this holiday:
- You don’t have to worry about packing and unpacking the luggage for you and your family.
- You don’t have to try and find summer clothes and swimwear for your kids because you’ve realized that nothing fits from last season.
- You can put off the embarrassment and heartache of bathing suit shopping for yourself for another couple of months.
- You don’t have to get up at some ridiculously early hour to line up at the airport and deal with the long line-ups for Customs.
- You can make your own Pina Coladas and Margaritas at home for half the price.
- It’s usually quiet in the city when everyone else has gone away so there are no line-ups at the movie theatres etc.
- You and your kids can sleep in every morning and stay up late at night and you don’t have to worry about your usual daily routines.
- You won’t be stuck with huge credit card bills when you get home from your expensive holiday.
- In reality, plenty of other families are staying at home too so pick up the phone and arrange a play date. The other moms will appreciate the get-togethers too!
- You won’t get sand all over your bed and the carpets when you unpack those damp bathing suits.
- It costs a lot less to go and get a spray tan and pretend you were away!
- Think of all the money you’ll save by not having to board the dogs for a week.
- You can finally get your floors refinished, or the bathroom remodeled; just move next door and offer to house sit for your neighbours.
- It’s the perfect time to get that nose/boob job you’ve been putting off; the swelling will hardly be noticeable by the time everyone gets home…
Share this post