9 tips to keep in mind when buying or using a helmetKeep the following tips in mind when purchasing or using a helmet:
- Make sure there is a safety sticker inside (look for CSA, ASTM, CPSC or SNELL).
- There should not be any paint or stickers on the helmet because these substances can undermine the integrity of the plastic shell.
- There should not be any cracks, dents or other damage.
- Pads should touch the head at the front, sides, back and top.
- No more than two fingers should fit between the wearer’s eyebrows and the helmet.
- The V-strap must fit tightly under each earlobe.
- Only one finger should fit under the chin strap.
- Never wear a hat under a helmet (although "2nd skin/neoprene balaclavas are fine).
- Never wear a high ponytail with a helmet.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Brain Injuries, Concussions, Health, healthy living, Helmets, Mothers Against Naked Riding Campaign, Safety, Stop Naked Riding, Winter Sports